Preferred Moving & Storage is currently hiring qualified, experienced, and dedicated individuals to add to our team of professionals. Below is a listing of our current openings. To apply for a position with Preferred Moving & Storage, you can apply in person, submit your application online or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying for and attach a copy of your resume.
If you are interested in learning the moving business, the Mover Helper position is an excellent place to start. The primary job duties involve assisting the Driver with loading and unloading of household goods and/or office furniture. You must be in good physical condition and have the ability to lift and carry 100 lbs. You must be able to carry furniture, pad wrap furniture, and pack items into moving cartons while properly utilizing moving equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen
- Possess valid driver’s license – your own transportation is a definite plus!
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions
- Must have a professional attitude and appearance and posses superior customer service skills
Local and Long Distance Drivers / Full-time
We are currently hiring qualified and experienced local and long distance drivers to add to our team of professionals. Duties include loading, unloading, and packing of household goods and/or office furniture. Applicants must be highly motivated, have a professional attitude and appearance, and possess superior customer service skills.
- CDL-A or CDL-B endorsement required
- One year driving experience
- One year moving experience
- Ability to carry, load, and unload household goods
- DOT physical, background check, and drug testing performed
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a problem solver and possess a ‘customer first’ philosophy
- Clean driving record
- Health, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) program
- Vacation after one year
- Paid holidays